Advertise Your Products Here
Views: 483 Posts: 0 Started By: biggynice Last Post Date: May 20, 2018
(Post 1)

Marvel Comics icon Stan Lee says he envisioned someone like current Spider-Man actor Tom Holland when he helped create the legendary character. Holland has been quite busy over the past couple of years playing Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, from his memorable introduction in Captain America: Civil War in 2016 and his first solo movie Spider-Man: Homecoming last summer; to his evolution into the Iron Spider and officially becoming a member of the Avengers in this summer movie season's worldwide blockbuster Avengers: Infinity War.

Holland has settled into the role quite well, considering the immense amount of pressure that came with the gig. Tobey Maguire set the bar high in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy from 2002 to 2007, while Andrew Garfield took the role to different heights in Marc Webb's Amazing Spider-Man films in 2012 and 2014. And while both film series tackled Peter and Spider-Man's origins, Captain America/Avengers directors Joe and Anthony Russo - as well as Spider-Man: Homecoming helmer Jon Watts - effectively redefined the web-slinging hero in the three films Holland has appeared in so far, starting by taking a more youthful approach to the character.

In a tweet by Lee on Saturday (via CBR), the Marvel Comics icon praised Holland, noting how the soon-to-be 22-year-old's age and stature is what he envisioned when he helped create the character (along with Steve Ditko in August 1962). In the tweet, Lee called Holland "a great Spider-Man. He is the exact height and age I envisioned when I first wrote Spider-Man. Spidey was never supposed to be too large." See Lee's full tweet below.

I think @TomHolland1996 is a great Spider-Man. He is the exact height and age I envisioned when I first wrote Spider-Man. Spidey was never supposed to be too large. How is my friend Tom doing?

— stan lee (@TheRealStanLee) May 19, 2018
It's not exactly clear why Lee is opting to heap praise upon Holland now, but it has to be exciting for the actor to be called out by the Marvel legend nonetheless. Although his tweet appears like a response to a question, it doesn't appear on Twitter that way and instead comes off as more of a random post. Lee does appear to address somebody at the end of the tweet, though, asking "How is my friend Tom doing?" Or the post simply could be way Lee's way of personally catching up with fans after a week mired by controversy, where among other things he said he had only recently taken full control of his social media acccounts.

Whatever the case may be, fans can't be upset with Stan Lee's positive appraisal of Holland, because there's little arguing that the actor has been stellar so far as the friendly neighborhood web-slinger. Besides, Lee has been very complimentary of both Maguire and Garfield in the past, so his comments probably weren't meant to favor one actor over the other two; just more of an observation of how Holland is of the age and possesses the physical attributes that Lee pictured when initially crafting Spider-Man in the comics realm. And while fans will always have their own personal favorites, there's no question all three have turned in amazing performances.

Share it Let Friends Know

Make A Reply Below!

Desired Name:

Comment:

You Can Now Beautify Your Posts With
BBcodes || Smileys

CLOSE

Like Us On Facebook